The Melville Millionaires Jr. A Hockey Club (SJHL) are accepting applications for an Assistant Coach. This is a full time, seasonal coaching position for the upcoming 2023-24 hockey season.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Coach/GM, as directed, with coaching, recruiting, practice scheduling, planning, management and games
- Video editing for players (player development)
- Team Stats
- Assistant coaching in all games/practices
- Pre-game preparation with team
- Planning, implementing, and controlling pre-game preparation with the team
- Providing leadership, commitment, dedication to our players, fans and community
- Working with players on individual skills
- Organizing travel/meals for road trips
- Other duties as required
This position requires the incumbent to attend all practices and games.
- College or Jr A playing level and/or coaching experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of game theory and concepts of systems, special teams play
Please submit your resume with references to Doug Johnson at email@example.com
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.