The Melville Millionaires Jr. A Hockey Club (SJHL) are accepting applications for a Trainer/Equipment Manager. This is a full time, seasonal position for the upcoming 2023-24 hockey season.
The Trainer/Equipment Manager is responsible for the physical care of the athletes and maintenance of equipment. Previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours. The Trainer/ Equipment Manager will work under the direction of the Head Coach & GM and assume duties as assigned by the Head Coach & GM on a daily basis.
Job duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule. Reports all injuries to the Head Coach/General Manager.
- Administer or arrange the therapy needs of all of the team members. Keep accurate records of all treatments.
- Determine the requirements for physiotherapy needs, equipment and supplies for the team.
- Control and distribute all therapy equipment and consumables.
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Familiar with skate sharpening equipment. Perform skate sharpening duties.
- Control, distribute and maintain inventory of all medical supplies and consumables.
- Ensure the dressing room is properly organized and assist co-ordination of cleaning daily.
- Meet visiting team’s needs on game days.
- Co-ordinate the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips with the team’s Coaching Staff.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of medical supplies and consumables with the Head Coach/GM
- Be present on the bench and administers to all the players first aid needs during practices and games.
- Co-ordinate first responders’ policy and protocol for emergency situations.
- Be available for all off-ice sessions.
- Co-ordinate and complete daily laundry duties.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach/GM.
- Ensure equipment is repaired or replaced as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume with references to Doug Johnson at email@example.com
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.